It's the' holidays'- and the ISL's from Cornwall Park, Victoria Avenue and Maungawhau schools are meeting together. What we are trying to create are shared documents that can be used at each school to stimulate rich discussion about new pedagogical approaches to teaching mathematics. Using the research of Jo Boaler, Carol Dweck (and others) we are all involved in exploring how the ideas below can change the way we approach learning & teaching of mathematics.
- Everyone can learn maths to a high levels
- Working in mixed ability groups has value for everyone
- Mistakes are valuable and help your brain to grow.
- Questions and discussion deepen your mathematical understanding
- Maths is about learning not performing.